This unbelievably creamy amaretto cheesecake is baked in a thick almond graham cracker crust and flavored with sweet almond liqueur and chocolate chips. Garnish with fresh whipped cream for a truly epic ending to your meal!
My family makes this dessert every Christmas Eve. As we grew older, started our own families, and introduced new traditions, amaretto chip cheesecake turned into Christmas cookie platters. This year, as my family of 14 comes together to celebrate Christmas under 1 roof, we are going ALL OUT and ALL TRADITIONAL with amaretto cheesecake.
And, of course, a massive Christmas cookie platter too.
This comes straight from my family’s kitchen and I’m thrilled to share the recipe with you!
Almond Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 and 1/3 cups (120g) graham cracker crumbs (about 9 full sheet graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup (62g) roasted or raw almonds*
- 1 Tablespoon (13g) granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons (70g) unsalted butter, melted
- four 8-ounce blocks (904g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (240g) full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75g) amaretto liqueur
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Make the crust: Using a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and almonds together into crumbs. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter until combined. (You can also pulse it all together in the food processor.) Mixture will be sandy. Press firmly into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. No need to grease the pan first. I use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust down tightly. Pre-bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the hot pan on a large piece of aluminum foil. The foil will wrap around the pan for the water bath or water bath alternative in step 4. Allow crust to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
Full Recipe Amaretto Cheesecake @sallysbakingaddiction